Monday, August 23, 2010

A Preview.

...of our new location. Yes, it is official! Our new shop is in Coleman Village at 860 Marietta Highway in Roswell and we'll be open there on Tuesday, August 31.

If you've visited the current Canton Street shop in the past week, you've seen that the moving sale continues ... and maybe wondered where the yarn was going!

I took a field trip to the new location yesterday and have photos to share! (visit our facebook page to see more, especially of the parking lot with plenty of room for everyone!)

view from the arched entryway - love the bright green paint here, and the hot pink wall in the background
yes...there's still a lot!! of work to be done!

the new cascade wall (much bigger...and brighter!!)

part of the needlepoint area (there's more to the left) - that brown wall is really covered in cork and will ultimately be covered with canvases

the classroom - I'm standing in the doorway - and what you can't see (to the left) is a long counter that will be perfect for assembling large projects...or maybe just showing them off!

there will be lots of chairs and seating areas so folks can sit (and knit or stitch)

another view from the back to the front - love the tower of sock yarn!

I had no idea we had some of these colors!

some of the Rowan yarn in its new home

and new yarn! this is Amy Butler Organic - we have all the colorways in both DK and aran weights

and new colorways of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock - that red on top is Ysolda Red!

4 comments:

  1. It's looking so great! Love all those colors (the paint colors and the yarn colors!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely! And I can't believe you're so much closer to me. (Any time I came to Canton Street, I drove right past your new location.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am so excited to see the new shop on Tuesday morning. The comments I have been hearing about the new yarns and new furniture are making my mouth water. I know everything will be just beautiful and what a great location. Been saving my money for opening day but may still have to "float a loan" before I leave, .
    Congrats to you and your special team of "worker bees."
    Your Starbuck friend.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try your new location. It looks much more open. As much as I loved the vintage feel of the Canton Street shop, I always felt I was intruding on classes when I needed to edge around groups to check out the yarn. Plus, now the drive is a little easier!

    ReplyDelete