Saturday, August 7, 2010

Finished Toes!

Our toe-up sock KAL started yesterday and we have progress to share! That's Beth's sock on the right (she's using malabrigo sock in the primavera colorway) and mine on the left (using pagewood farms yukon in the fabulous fall colorway).

I'm really excited about the smooth finish from the turkish cast-on. I left the stitches on the two dpn's I used for the cast-on until the third round (which is the 2nd increase round) and I substituted "knit in the front & back" (kfb) for the M1's that the pattern suggests. To get those increases spaced evenly, I did the kfb in the first stitch on needles 1 and 3 and in the 2nd to last stitch on needles 2 and 4 - that leaves one plain knit stitch on the outside...similar to the ssk/k2tog on the edges of cuff-down socks.

I'm hoping we have more participation in this KAL - after all, 28 of you voted on the pattern! (and I didn't vote!) Of course virtual participation is fine...but please share your projects and progress with us on Ravelry.

2 comments:

  1. There isn't much sock progress here anymore. :) My gauge was somehow way off and I was afraid the sock would be too small. But I already cast back on with different needles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. an awesome start, i have a toe finished and am using the yukon in misty, i LOVE IT, these socks are going to be some soft and warm. i may be hooked with the whole toe up sock thing.

    ReplyDelete