Friday, July 9, 2010

More Madelinetosh!

Yes! the Pashmina has arrived!! And it looks and feels as good as we thought it would (honestly, maybe even better!) We have four colorways...and I promise it's a complete coincidence that they all look so pretty in this "natural" setting.
clockwise starting at the left - celadon, dusk, thyme and moorland

The yarn is a sport weight (5-1/2 to 6 stitches per inch) blend of merino, silk and cashmere, with 360 yards per skein.

Now the only problem is figuring out what to knit with it. I'd been planning a sweater (maybe goodale, which meets my "must be seamless" criteria and it's designed for pashmina or wendy bernard's essential tank with that pretty lace detail down the front). But now that I've seen - and fondled - the yarn, I think I want it to be a shawl. Something lacy, but with a solid background to show off the color and the softness and the shine of the cashmere and silk. Have to love Ravelry for making it really easy to find patterns. This search shows 19 patterns that would work with one skein. Andrea's Shawl is at the top of that list - and it's been in my favorites for months. But I think Shaelyn is the winner.

And now to pick the color....

1 comment:

  1. early morning temptation-MTosh is on my list of yarn to try next.

    ReplyDelete