Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Project Crush.

Have you heard of Churchmouse Yarns & Teas? They're the folks behind that oh-so-popular Barb's Koigu Ruffle scarf. Theresa contacted them to get that pattern back in the shop. And we were only mildly surprised a few weeks later when the shipment from Churchmouse arrived...including all eleven of their patterns. Yeah, these patterns are that hard to resist! They're well-designed, beautifully photographed with clear instructions, printed on nice cardstock, and most require just a few skeins of yarn.

But one pattern quickly became our new crush - the Koigu Linen Stitch Scarf. We sold out of the pattern in a week....and had a complete blast helping customers pick out the three skeins of Koigu's KPPPM to knit it.
I jumped on the bandwagon, too, and I'm really pleased with how my scarf (here's the ravelry link if you want to see the colorways I'm using) is working up. Even casting on 450 stitches didn't seem quite so bad once I saw the colors (I did follow the pattern's suggestion and place markers every 50 stitches to keep up with my progress...and make sure I had the slip stitch pattern right). This is my first project using KPPPM and I love the yarn. Of course the colors are gorgeous, but it's also nice to knit with - soft and not at all splitty or twisty (and so far no knots!).

The pattern is back in stock - and we're keeping the rack of KPPPM stocked as well!

If 525 yards of fingering weight yarn is scaring you away from this project, consider using a DK or worsted weight yarn instead. The long color repeats of Noro's Silk Garden or Aya would be lovely and you could use just a single colorway to get a nice striped effect. The linen stitch is also gorgeous in a solid (maybe the Ultra Alpaca that's on sale?)...especially for a man's scarf.

2 comments:

  1. or project seduction?! koigu is an awesome yarn, on my second sock project, and look forward to adding more to my stash-a good staple yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great pattern! I love how your scarf is turning out.

    ReplyDelete