Friday, June 28, 2013

Revive.

Are you familiar with Rowan's Revive? It's a DK weight blend of recycled cotton, silk and viscose, which makes it a perfect three-season yarn for our climate. It comes in gorgeous tweedy colors. It's nice to knit (it is Rowan after all). Can you tell it's one of my favorite yarns? ...and I can't believe I haven't blogged about it before!

But maybe that's ok - because now we have a beautiful sweater to show off the yarn.

This is Julie Hoover's Insouciant . We're not the first ones to use Revive; the FO's on Ravelry are all pretty and encouraging.

There are plenty of other sweater patterns that would work, too. One of my favorites is Thea Colman's ("baby cocktails") Vodka Lemonade . It looks so pretty with the tweed.

I also love Heidi Kirrmaier's Peasy . I've knit it twice already, but the gallery of Revive FOs, especially this one, might entice me to knit a third one!

Revive is also beautiful for lace. I used it for Traveling Woman and that shawl is one of my favorite summer wraps; it looks great with jeans and a t-shirt or a dressy black linen top. Check out all the FO's on Ravelry.
woman revived

Or if lace isn't your thing, how about the Churchmouse Folded Poncho ? The pattern calls for a DK weight wool, but if you've been around the shop lately, you know we're knitting it out of EVERYthing! And it works up great in Revive.

Convinced!? what would you knit with Revive?


No comments:

Post a Comment