Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wishful Wednesday.

This week, my wish was for self control.

I favorited this pattern back on May 14. I think that was the day Kirsten Johnstone (the designer) posted finished photos on Ravelry. You can tell from my tags - "seamless", "shibui", "fingering" - what drew me to the design...and of course that last "love" tag sums up what I thought about it!

Fast forward to early this morning when I read this post on the Shibui blog and immediately fired off an email to Theresa about how much I loved the design.

And later about how perfect it would be in the twenty some colorways of Fibre Company's Canopy Fingering that arrived yesterday.

(she agreed).

Unusual for me for a Wednesday, I worked in the shop this afternoon. So I had plenty of time to think about which colorway I might use.

A green, perhaps?

Or maybe a neutral? Or a fabulous rich pink?

Like I said, I was wishing for self control.

"was" being the operative word...
on my desk, 7:00 pm today

3 comments:

  1. There is always a temptation at COC. I love the store, the people, the staff, and the yarn. Can't wait to see this knit up. I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you didn't cast on in the parking lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaahhh, so maybe I did get part of my wish?!

      Delete