Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wishful Wednesday.

Alliterative post titles and themes are all the rage in blogland. I regularly participate in Ten on Tuesday and Wordless Wednesday on my personal blog and I've been wanting to introduce something similar here.

Say hello to Wishful Wednesday!  And this week's wish. More Time

Yep, as simple as that. Two patterns and one yarn have been calling my name (and a few of yours as well!) lately. But I've got to be honest. I don't have the time to knit them (at least not right now!) And that's too bad, because I don't need to wish for More Money to tackle any of these. They are all sweaters. and they can all be made for around $60 or less.

First up - and coming in at $20 to $30 depending on your size - Gretel. This pattern suggests Habu cotton gima which we have in plenty of colors. I love the light pink. (and a project that takes only two cones of yarn so it must be a pretty quick knit!)

Then the gorgeous Araucania Lontue, a light-weight cotton linen blend yarn in fabulous variegated colorways. We've seen this knit into Liesl and it's fabulous! The yarn has a generous 250 yards per skein, so most sizes will take 4-5 skeins.

Another pattern suggestion is Kat Coyle's Linen Top , and it's free.

And finally Sabine. A top-down cardigan with a suggested gauge of 4-1/2 stitches per inch. Maggi's Linen, perhaps? This is another great spring/summer/fall yarn, made with 52% cotton/48% linen. Most sizes would take 6-8 balls...this is the biggest project on my wish list (in terms of time and money), but it's still a reasonable $60.

What are you wishing for this Wednesday? please share!

3 comments:

  1. I am right there with you on the whole needing more time to knit issue. I try to sneak it in whenever I can although I have not yet started knitting at stop lights. I have a Gretel in progress along with Splash and yarn for tons of other great projects that I just haven't gotten to yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I will admit I knit at stoplights!

      Delete
  2. Wow those first two are indeed calling my name and I hadn't seen them before on ravelry. Great post!

    ReplyDelete