Saturday, January 28, 2012

Knitting Along the Ella Coat.

Oh my. I can't even think where to start. So I'll share a photo.
that's Boo, Penny, Anne (not knitting Ella), Nora, Nancy, Kathy and me
Yes, that's us yesterday afternoon (mostly*) working on week 2 of the Ella Coat Knit-along. Week 2 starts at the armhole shaping and ends with the bodice completed. Which means there is counting and decreasing (including that tricky ssp!) and talking.....and frogging.

And Kathy looking for bling.

And finding it!
this is what Kathy found for herself (her coat is madelinetosh vintage in the fragrant colorway)
and for Nancy (Nancy's coat is the red, the orange will be the ruffle and the multi sparkle will be stripes)
And Nora looking for inspiration for ruffles.
my coat is shepherds' wool in the plum colorway and that's noro silk garden for the ruffle
And finding it...for me! (thank you Nora for spending much of your knitting time hunting through the bins of Silk Garden to find this!) I hope week 3 includes ruffles because I am so excited about knitting mine I'm not sure I can wait much longer!

(sadly, I didn't get a photo of Nora's ruffle selection - maybe next week?).

It's not to late to join the fun. Be sure to join the Ravelry Group and subscribe to Noni's blog for all the details. And definitely make plans - if you can - to knit with us on Friday afternoons. We start around 1 and end...by 6!

*anyone is free to join in the Friday afternoon knitting...many of us are working on Ella, but not everyone is!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color choices--I just love that red and orange coat-can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! How exciting! You ladies look like THE group to be in! Thank you for making a community of knitters filled with love, smiles and nimble fingers!
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. look forward to seeing all the FOs

    ReplyDelete