Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Wow, I can't believe it's 2011 already! December just flew by (like the rest of 2010) and I apologize for the long silence here. I overcommitted a bit on my holiday knitting and things like blogging took a back seat. I intend to do better this year - in both my overcommitting and the frequency of blog posts!

The shop is closed today but we'll be open tomorrow from 1-4pm (our regular hours) in case you need a knitting or stitching "fix". On the knitting front, we have several new yarns from Berocco, including the very popular Remix. And the first box of the Madelinetosh re-order, including 12 colors of Sock and 14 of Pashmina has arrived. I hadn't seen that many colors of those yarns except online - so I visited the shop on Thursday to see them in real life. I wasn't disappointed! and as good as photographs are, believe me, these yarns are even better in person.

First, here's the Sock. One long skinny photo to show off all the colors....

a close up of the blues and golds on the top row

and then a close up of the grays on the bottom row... I tend to think this yarn is too nice for socks, but wow, wouldn't these colors look wonderful on a man's foot?

and a portrait of my absolute favorite colorway


and then the Pashmina - the long, skinny photo that shows all the colors.... 
a close-up of the 2nd row

and the 3rd...
Wishing everyone the best for 2011! Hope to see you soon... and until then, happy knitting/stitching!!

No comments:

Post a Comment