Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Why Do We Knit?

Whoa. It's been a while since there's been anything new here. I apologize for the long absence, but Life Outside Knitting (yeah, I know, it does exist even for me!) has been consuming me and it's honestly going to be a few more weeks before I'm really back.

I've missed weeks of posting on my personal blog as well, but Carole's Ten on Tuesday topic was about knitting, specifically "Why I Knit", and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share my list. Of course y'all - the Cast-on Cottage Community, both in person and virtual - are a huge part of it and I want to first, say thank you...and then, ask why do you knit?

the Yellow Table on a Friday afternoon, blogged here.
Please share your feedback here in the comments, or on Facebook or Ravelry. Let's keep the Community strong!

And quickly - I hinted about a new KAL in our Ravelry forum. Yes, we are going to knit the Churchmouse Linen Stitch scarf, likely starting in early June. I hope to write a proper post with yarn suggestions, etc., but in the meantime, you might want to check out the project page on Ravelry , and specifically the recently published addenda to use Claudia Handpaints Linen or Blue Sky Alpaca Silk. We have a great selection of both yarns, as well as the traditional Claudia Handpaints fingering, in stock. (really, who needs a blog post, right?!)

Happy Knitting!!

1 comment:

  1. why i knit-
    a great past time, a chance to hang out with awesome people, i have something to show for my time, and yarn is SOOO yummy.

    ReplyDelete