Thursday, March 14, 2013

No Lack of Inspiration.

The latest issue of Knitters Review landed in my in-box this morning: 10 Tips for Kickstarting Your Inspiration. I adore Clara Parkes and I look forward to her newsletters (if you aren't a subscriber you should be...go here!), but inspiration is not a problem for me right now.

Maybe because I'm lucky enough to see this view at least three days a week.

Yes Shibui... taking up even more of that back wall! We've stocked more yarn and new colors and the latest collection of Mix patterns for Spring/Summer 2013.

They've added new colors across all the yarns and filled in a few of the most popular (for example, Silk Cloud is now available in the very popular Caffeine color way). Here are a few of my newest favorites:
Heichi in Grounds (yes, those are flecks of bright green on a dark brown background) and Cascade (photos from the Shibui website)
Silk Cloud in Caffeine and Clay (photos from the Shibui website)
The six new patterns include four sweaters (a tank, two pullovers and a cardigan), a scarf and a shawl. My two favorite patterns are sweaters (of course?!), but the shawl (Mix No. 18) has been popular, too (everyone loves choosing colors for a two-color project).

from the Shibui website
Mix No. 13 is a bottom-up seamless pullover with an all-over lace pattern, knit with Shibui Linen held double. Love the lace. Love the texture with the linen. I've wanted to knit with the linen since it arrived last year and I think this is the project I'll cast on (as soon as I finish Garance!)

from the Shibui website
Mix No. 16 is also knit seamlessly from the bottom up; it's a cardigan with color block detail and textured trim for the hems, neckline and button bands. It calls for Cima (laceweight alpaca merino blend) and Silk Cloud (laceweight silk mohair blend) held together and that mix is stunning, but Nuna would also work if you'd prefer knitting with just one strand of yarn. The pattern also shows the cardigan worn with the buttons in the back - adorable! It's a versatile wardrobe staple knit in neutrals like the pattern shows, but wouldn't it be fun in a bright green or coral, too?

Putting this post together, I also visited Shibui's Pinterest boards. If you're on Pinterest, I highly recommend you follow Shibui. Their Mix board is pure eye-candy, but I especially love the Clay board. I just bought a pair of cropped pants in that color and it's my new-favorite for spring...(you should follow us on Pinterest too!)

There are plenty of other things inspiring us at the shop right now, including the Bias 'Before & After' Scarf , which gets very fun when you knit it with Euroflax Sportweight Linen and another contrasting yarn/fiber and a Picardi cowl sample knit by the designer herself, Nell Ziroli (did you see in our latest newsletter that she's joined our teaching staff? very exciting!), that I'm seeing for spring and summer in Cascade Venezia or Maggiknits Maggie's Linen. I'll get photos and more ideas up here shortly.

What's inspiring your knitting right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment