Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Knitters for Peace.

...apparently I haven't posted here before about our wonderful charity knitting/knitters. I searched the blog for "charity" and "tuesday" and came up empty. I did, however, find a wall photo on Facebook (and I hope that link works). I feel terrible about that...not only because the ladies who show up week in and week out are what make Tuesdays a great day to work in the shop, but mostly because they create such beautiful works of art. for charity.

They call themselves Knitters for Peace. Most would call them angels. Here's a sampling of the latest hundred or so hats they've created to donate to Christian City Children's Village and the Mt Bethel United Methodist Homeless Ministry.
this is the "pile" - there were two more bags full sitting off to the side when I took this photo
see what I mean about works of art? look at the lovingcare that went into the details on this hat!
I had to try this one on!
 Would you like to join in? the only thing required is your time and bit of knitting knowledge. Theresa donates the yarn - if you know how to cast-on, knit and purl, we'll make sure you learn the rest of what's required to knit a hat! We'd love to have you!!

1 comment:

  1. these are awesome-thanks for highlighting the generosity of this group and the shop

    ReplyDelete